Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Ekka 16th August 2006


The Ekka has arrived again. Even though I don’t particularly want to go, I still feel like a kid at heart and love to look at the rides. This picture was taken from the Kings Car Park at RBWH.
Ekka time is very special for a far more important reason for me. Thirty three years ago next Wednesday, on the 15th August was the day that my labour began to have Elise. After being in third stage labour for thirty hours it was decided by the obstriction that a caesarean was in order and at 8.20pm on the 16th of August 1973 weighing in at five and a half pounds my 1st. Treasure was born, ELISE
I can only wish that Elise does not go through the same with the birth of Teenie, even though it was still worth it for the end result.

5 comments:

Cath said...

Lucy, I was born at Ekka time too! Mum said she could hear the fireworks from her room at RWH.

PS. You could turn the word verification off for comments if you wanted to? It's under settings, comments, show word verification for comments (select no).

Elise said...

t here. When i think of the Ekka, i remember alot of lollies and a lot of vomit.
Yep - im am hopeful on a shorter labour than yours Lucy for my darling wife.
Great write up though Luce - loved having a read.

Elise said...

Hi mum, there are many lessons and values that you taught Renae and I that I want to emulate when we bring up our little girl. But the one thing that I don't want to copy is your long labour.

Lucy said...

Thank you treasures for your kind words. Yes I pray that Elise does not have to endure such a long labour.Teenie is going to grow up to be a wonderful youg lady with parents who have a great sense of loyalty and family to their credit.
Cath, Happy Birthday for Thurs. 17/8/06 and many happy returns.
P.S. thank you for your tip. hooray. it worke

Lucy said...

Back to word verification for my commenter guests. Someone else strange has left comments that are unwelcome.