Saturday, January 27, 2007

Accepting The Challange of 5 Thing to Share With You

There is a blog challange going round that if you are tagged you may want to share 5 things that you may, or may not now about myself. Elise has passed the tag onto me and I thought it may be a bit of fun. Here goes.


5 things you probably don’t know about me.

1. I was actually born in Italy, Sicily to be precise. We migrated, hang on I’m not a bird, well yes I am, more of an old duck. really. Ok, we immigrated to Australia when I was three. I cannot remember much about where I was born. I do remember a little of the voyage. I was very ill with whooping cough on the ship. I also remember people being quite ill from the rough seas and wondered why, as I really enjoyed the rocking and rolling. of the ship.

2. I have always been afraid of the dark and still am to this day
I detest cockroaches. It would be so much better if they were a pretty color. My girls will remember that when a cocky flew in the house, it would be every man or woman for themselves. I have been known to run into my room and close the door behind me as two young girls beat at the door to let them in. “Go in your own room” I would yell. . 2 ½ Worked hard to achieve the position I have at work and I can honestly say, I love my job.

3. Always wanted two daughters. Yep, got that right. Wanted grandchildren for many years and Yep, we finally have our little princess.

4. I was almost named Natalie. The tradition with old Italian families is that you are named after your grandparents. There were two daughters carrying the family names on both sides. of the family, therefore it was open slather on the choice of names for a third girl. My parents had decided on Natalina as I was due close to Christmas, hence the name. (And I thought Lucy was bad). In Italian, Christmas is called Natale. When I did arrive on the 12th of December it was decided that I should be named Lucia because the feast of Saint Lucia was on the 13th of December. Phew, that was lucky.

5. I was in a school fife marching band and appeared on channel 9 many moons ago.
Love photography as you can gather from my blog entries. Have done some painting (watercolors) and loved it. Found it very relaxing. I must go back to it when time permits, and also have more art lesions.

No comments: