I have a picture of Savanna (that's an understatement, ''a'' picture) as a new born, and it is in a frame with a great quote, "Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent." That quote is so very true. I feel that I am now reaping all the extra rewards of raising two beautiful daughters. They have always made parenting a very easy task. It goes without saying of how proud I am of my girls. They have all the great qualities that a parent would wish of their children. I had stated to Elise that she should concentrate on enjoying her first mother's day, and do the special things that she would want to do with Troy and her beautiful daughter Savanna. I had envisaged us catching up for coffee some time in the day. But my girls had other ideas. Troy, Elise and Renae had organized a high tea at Joseph Alexanders. We were usherd to the top level which had fantastic views of the river and Coronation Drive. The food was just superb and, oh so delicious. When the three tiered trays arrive, it is such a treat for the eyes. Jimmy and Jason had not experienced the pleasure of sharing a high tea before today. To share this mother's day with Savanna was just the best experience. She has made the most exceptional difference to our family. I think there should be 'grandparent's day' so we can celebrate the joy that these little people bring into our lives. I also received a great gift of an eletronic picture frame which shows the photos as a slide show, a mouse pad with a beautiful picture of my darling treasure Savanna and a basket of dainty pink flowers.
Here we are ready to tuck into our scrumptios food
The three generations.
As yet you have never seen Savanna having a bad temper on this blog, but here she is with Aunty Nae and Jason "ready to crack it" as E & T like to say.

The ultimate picture of motherhood, Elise breastfeeding her little treasure Savanna.


The little family in front of the picturesque view.

Renae has bought a new lounge and it was the perfect opportunity to
As yet you have never seen Savanna having a bad temper on this blog, but here she is with Aunty Nae and Jason "ready to crack it" as E & T like to say.
The ultimate picture of motherhood, Elise breastfeeding her little treasure Savanna.
The little family in front of the picturesque view.
The girls outside the resturant. Musn't let a good photo opportunity
go by. It is amazing that since Elise has had Savanna she doesn't mind the camera comming out as much. She even admitted that she takes many phots in the course of the week. We were having a chat about my extreme photo taking while my girls were growing up. One day, whilst we were holidaying at the Gold Coast, Elise had had enough and said, "mum you are so sad." I suppose one day Savanna might say the same to her seeing that she now likes to snap away.
Renae had us all back to her place for cake and coffee and surprisingly, we managed to squeeze a little more into our full bellies.
Renae has bought a new lounge and it was the perfect opportunity to
try it out. Very comfy indeed.
Aunty Nae bought out some of her umm toys, no no I mean ornaments and Savann had a great time with Winnie who is so much bigger than our little treasure. She is into ducks right now, probably because Elise and Troy sing her the duck song. You know, 'five little ducks went out to play over the hill and far away, mother duck said quack quack quack and only four little ducks came back etc etc etc...... When I sing it to her she looks at me as if to say, "Nonna, I didn't know you knew that song too."
No comments:
Post a Comment