Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter 2008

We had our usual get together this easter and were gratfull for our beautiful family who are healthy and growing. We have all been tucking into our easter eggs so I decided that fruit and cheese was the platter that was to finish our main meal. I don't know how, but we still had some space for afternoon tea of toasted hot cross buns and some dark chocolate.

After a run around in the garden Sav decided to have a rest sitting by G.D. on his faverout bench.









Sav spent some time drawing and at one stage came up with this picture. G.D was very impressed and insisted on a photo of this masterpiece.









After I had given Jimmy his Easter present in the morning he called out that the easter bunny had visited me and left a surprise for me.

On entering the bedroom I asked why the chocolate was sitting in my bra. He explained that he could not find a bonnet (hat) and thought that the bra was the next best thing to place my easter eggs in. Different!!!!

The story about Renae's toe. Renae enjoys salsa dancing and attends a few lessions per week. Last Friday she had a nasty accident. Apparently her foot was placed in front instead of behind her body and a gentleman she was dancing with accidently trod and draged on her big toe. Not once, but twice. In a flash she experienced severe agonising pain emminiting from said big toe. As she looked down she noticed that the toe nail was hanging loosly to one side. Ouch!!!! Ouch!!!!! Ouch!!!!! She said she almost called me at midnight to advise me of the accident.
The next day she had to attend the doctor's surgery for a quick fix. She tells me that the five injections around the top of the toe was the most excruiating and painfull experience of her life. Poor darling has been going back every second day to have it redressed and cleaned.
















Sav playing with one of her presents from Aunty Nae. She was a very spoilt little girl but we enjoy spoiling her constantly.















The little Treasure sitting with all the gifts. I spotted the little suite while shopping and had to buy it for Minnie Boy Blue. He was not forgotten this Easter and we were all imagining how it would be next Easter with two treasures in our midst.







First of all was the photo taking session and then the easter gift giving. Once that was out of the way we had a very leasurly Easter lunch.

1 comment:

PhotoChick said...

SOO many cute pictures and adventures! I love how some of your posts are like reading a great book or watching an action-packed film! My reactions went from "Aw!" to "Mmm - yum!" to cracking up uncontrollably (the bra-basket is HILARIOUS!)

Then when I read about the tootsie hurtsie, my thoughts were "Ooh - ouch!" I can totally sympathize with Renae & her hurt toe - I had 25 stitches in the tip of my index finger last year... very painful.

Most important, I felt so much love, as I always do from your posts. It's so wonderful to see hoe important family is to you, as it is to me as well. I'm so glad that you all had such a wonderful Easter time together! Much love and God Bless!