Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Jacaranda Time

I just love Jacaranda season and it never ceases to amaze me just how beautiful the colour of the flowers are. A few years ago when I was taking art classes we attempted to paint some trees in our class. It was a very difficult coulour to come up with. Picture below: This is the view looking down a Jacaranda lined street that leads into our estate. When we moved into our current home they were just twigs planted by the council. It has been very fortunate that louts have not ripped them out while they were still very small. At the time we experienced a few damaged and vandalised small trees that were planted along our street.Below: Same street looking up and heading to our house.
Below: This had been a windy day and some of the flowers had blown away. When the ground is covered with the strewn flowers it is absolutly beautiful.

Pictures below: Random pictures of Jacarandas in the local area.



4 comments:

dani said...

hi, miss lucy:)
the jacarandas are gorgeous!!! just as all the leaves are falling from our trees, yours are budding and blooming. i love the change of the seasons; don't you???
i also love your new banner; sav and blake are such cuties:D
much love,
dani

Tanya said...

Hi Lucy,
how beautiful are the Jacaranda's!!! love your new banner your grandbabies are just gorgeous!!

love,
t. xxxxx

Little Sweethearts said...

I don't think we have those trees overhere. I certainly don't recall ever seeing one. They are beautiful though. How great that your street is full of them!

L,
Tania

Kate said...

Just gorgeous - I love Jacarandas!