Because we went to Tasmania this Christmas and could not cart all our presents with us to give out on our trip we decided to have a get together after the trip. I suggested they all come to my place for lunch.
I surprised the girls by putting together a slide show on C.D. This did take time as I had to scan some of our old pictures tio include on this CD. We have been going out celebrating for fourteen years. This proved to be very entertaining. They were laughing so much and yelling at all the old pictures that Phoebe was traumatized. She went and hid under the bed in the main bedroom and was too frightened to come out. When the show was over and lunch was being served they all asked if they paid me would I copy a CD for each of them. I did not commite myself and sounded very unclear as to whether I would oblige.
Little did they know that when it came to giving out our presents I left mine till last and guess what? They all had their own slideshow CDs which I had personilized with their own picture on the actual CD and a group picture on the cover of the case. They were so excited.
Robyn and Chris relaxing after all the gift giving.
Lyn, Jenice and Carmel happy with all their gifts.
In Tassie Lyn ordered a desert which had Turkish fairyfloss on top. She shoured Brisbane and found a store in the Valley which sold this delicacy at a reasonable price. She bought it along as a treat for the girls. As it happened I had made these berry and yoghurt deserts which lent themselves for this decoration.
Here they are enjoying their special desert.
Laughing right up to the end. We realise that we are very lucky to belong to a group where we get along so well and have so much fun together.
1 comment:
Looks like a great time Lucy!! I love those desserts! how gorgeous is that Turkish fairy floss!!!
love,
t. xxx
Post a Comment