This year I thought I would make the pavlova which was our contribution to the Australia day celebration that Troy and Elise put on for all of us.
The dinning room was all decked out for the Australia day get together.
Some of us got dressed up with scarfs and temporary tattoos that are not so temporary. Oh well, they will wash out sooner or later.
Troy cooked up a lushcious lamb roast using the new electric frypan that he got for Christmas. It was moist and very tasty as were the vegies. During the week Elise and Savanna had made various items for the special day. They made the serviette holders shown below. See more infor in pictures further down.
Savanna getting into the spiret of the day with all her stickers.
Here we are ready to dig into the tasty lamb roast. Yumooo.
These are the napkin holders that Elise and Savanna made for the day. The girls had a Australia map made in gold glitter on a green background and decorated with gold ribbon. The boys had an Australian flag on a blue background and finished off with red ribbon. How clever are our girls to design and make these clever napkin holders?
The hosts: Elise. Troy and Blake.
Blake ate his fruit puree and was wanting more. I suggested, as I have done from the day Savanna was born. "Maybe he is just thirsty and would like a drink." Elise answered. " he is not very interested in having a drink." "I mean water, not breast milk." I said. To that Elise and Troy decided to try some water in the bottle. Well, The poor darling lacthed on and wouldn't let go. He was one thirsty boy. Funny thing, Savanna loves a drink of cold water too. She had to wait a year before she had water.
We tried to teach Savanna the Auzzie war cry. Auzzie Aussie Auzzie Oye Oye Oye. Well at least she waved the Auzzie colours.
Blakie wondered what had gotten into his sister waving those funny things around.
I think Savanna is in the swing of things now.
Troy getting artistic with his photography. Pavlova in the forground and Auzzie flags in the middle and Jimmy and I peeking through. Very clever.
I made Savanna and Blakie their very own minnie pavlovas. Savanna is very suspicious of new foods but she enjoyed a little of the dessert.
Ever since Savanna was little I have sung this Italian song to her and she just giggles, but today she was actually singing some of the words. My Mum used to sing it to Elise and Renae when they were little.
Blakie playing with his daddy. He sounds soooo cute when Troy makes him giggle.
We can't get over how strong Blake is. He is still not actually crawling but manages to get around. He can lift himself up and just goes forward.
The dinning room was all decked out for the Australia day get together.
Some of us got dressed up with scarfs and temporary tattoos that are not so temporary. Oh well, they will wash out sooner or later.
Troy cooked up a lushcious lamb roast using the new electric frypan that he got for Christmas. It was moist and very tasty as were the vegies. During the week Elise and Savanna had made various items for the special day. They made the serviette holders shown below. See more infor in pictures further down.
Savanna getting into the spiret of the day with all her stickers.
Here we are ready to dig into the tasty lamb roast. Yumooo.
These are the napkin holders that Elise and Savanna made for the day. The girls had a Australia map made in gold glitter on a green background and decorated with gold ribbon. The boys had an Australian flag on a blue background and finished off with red ribbon. How clever are our girls to design and make these clever napkin holders?
The hosts: Elise. Troy and Blake.
Blake ate his fruit puree and was wanting more. I suggested, as I have done from the day Savanna was born. "Maybe he is just thirsty and would like a drink." Elise answered. " he is not very interested in having a drink." "I mean water, not breast milk." I said. To that Elise and Troy decided to try some water in the bottle. Well, The poor darling lacthed on and wouldn't let go. He was one thirsty boy. Funny thing, Savanna loves a drink of cold water too. She had to wait a year before she had water.
We tried to teach Savanna the Auzzie war cry. Auzzie Aussie Auzzie Oye Oye Oye. Well at least she waved the Auzzie colours.
Blakie wondered what had gotten into his sister waving those funny things around.
I think Savanna is in the swing of things now.
Troy getting artistic with his photography. Pavlova in the forground and Auzzie flags in the middle and Jimmy and I peeking through. Very clever.
I made Savanna and Blakie their very own minnie pavlovas. Savanna is very suspicious of new foods but she enjoyed a little of the dessert.
Ever since Savanna was little I have sung this Italian song to her and she just giggles, but today she was actually singing some of the words. My Mum used to sing it to Elise and Renae when they were little.Batimo le mannine che desso viene pappa,
Chi porta la cicci bella,
e Savanna la mangera.
Then we bring the hands up to the mouth and go, yum yum yum.
It loosley translates to
Lets clap our hands because daddy is comming home,
He will bring some lovely sweets,
and Savanna will eat them up. yum yum yum.
Blakie playing with his daddy. He sounds soooo cute when Troy makes him giggle.
We can't get over how strong Blake is. He is still not actually crawling but manages to get around. He can lift himself up and just goes forward.




4 comments:
Yummy!!!
Hope you enjoyed the celebrations ~ happy australia day to you all.
Blake is turning into a right wee boy!
love,
Amanda x
This looks like such fun Lucy and all the decorations are wonderful!
As for sav and Blake ~ they are gorgeous ~ and I cannot get over how big Blake is getting, where does the time go!!
Love and hugs Tabitha XXXXX
Looks like everyone had a Wonderful time!! Great pictures Lucy!! Happy day to you!!hughugs
happy belated australia day, miss lucy!!! everything looks lovely and yummy:b sav and blake are just precious and look like so much fun; i know you must enjoy them immensely:D
much love,
dani
ps i'm off to read up a little on what pavlova is!!!
Post a Comment