Today Elise, Savanna and Blake visited Sarina who is now at home. Sarina is on the right with her hand up. Rosina is my other Sister on the left.
I have held back with this post probably thinking in the back of my mind that if I don't write it then it can not be so. But the truth is that my precious Sister Sarina has become very ill and was hospitalized for three weeks pria to Easter. She was admitted to hospital with pneumonia. She had been put on morphine and it was given on demand. Her cancer has spread. A new growth pressing on her bronchial tube and another in her liver. It is still regarded as advanced breast cancer. I have written my self a lenghty account of her travels through out this harrowing and most couragous journey that my Sister has faced. Throug out all this long and painfull illness she still worries about her two Sisters and keeps asking me how I feel and asks me to look after Rosina.
The words that never leave me were the answeres to my questions to her respiratory Consultant. "Has the cancer spread?" the answer "“Significantly.” Then I asked what the prognosis was. The answer was “Poor.” Once again, these words will sit on my mind forever. We as a family of course are devistated even though we knew that this time would come.
Sarina with her eldest Daughter and her two Grandchildren and of course Rosina.
Sarina and Rosina with little Blake.
The three of us at my 50th.
The words that never leave me were the answeres to my questions to her respiratory Consultant. "Has the cancer spread?" the answer "“Significantly.” Then I asked what the prognosis was. The answer was “Poor.” Once again, these words will sit on my mind forever. We as a family of course are devistated even though we knew that this time would come.


4 comments:
I hope Sarina is comfortable at home.
Will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Amanda x
I am so sorry Lucy. This is so heartbreaking. My thoughts are with you and your family. Praying for Sarina.
Your pictures are beautiful. You have such a lovely family.
Sending you much love and many cyber hugs from NJ,
Sue
xoxo
I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts ~
sending love and hugs Tab XXX
oh, miss lucy... i have wondered several times how your sarina has been doing. i will say a prayer for you all.
much love,
dani
Post a Comment