Pam and I had not seen each other since Jimmy's Mum's funeral. Pam lives 20 minutes outside Toowomba. She bought Shannon along who is a loverly goung girl who is staying with Pam for a while.
Pam looks after disabled people and she loves doing it.
Many years ago when we had just Turned 21 we happened to be making our confirmation and were sitting next to each other. We just acknowledged each other but did not speak and went our own way. We were the only adults amongst many children making their confirmation. Little did we know then, that we would end up dating two brothers. When we were introduced as Greg and Jimmy's girlfriends at a family get together we were both surprised to see each other again. A little later we all became engaged and then Pam married Greg and Jimmy and I were married just months later. We do not see each other enough these days but made a pact that we will catch up more frequently. It ended up being such a fun day as Elise, Troy, Savanna. Blake, Taleea, Renae and Graig came over in the afternoon and we enjoyed all the goodies and the fresh banana cake that Troy, Savanna and Blake had made.
Above: Pam bought over Anzac cupcakes and I made two types of Anzac bikkies.
Well. this is my story. While Jimmy is marching I make a batch of Anzac biscuits so we can all enjoy them when we get to gether in the afternoon. I had just finished making a batch of Anzac biscuits and was washing and clearing up when I noticed the oatmeal box had not been used. Ahrr. I had omitted to add the oates and now I understood why the mixture was a bit too moist and why I had to add more flour to shape into balls. There was nothing elese to do but start on another batch and this time with ALL the ingredients. Actually I recieved favourable comments for my oatless Anzac biscuits and everone enjoyed them even more than the real thing.
Well. this is my story. While Jimmy is marching I make a batch of Anzac biscuits so we can all enjoy them when we get to gether in the afternoon. I had just finished making a batch of Anzac biscuits and was washing and clearing up when I noticed the oatmeal box had not been used. Ahrr. I had omitted to add the oates and now I understood why the mixture was a bit too moist and why I had to add more flour to shape into balls. There was nothing elese to do but start on another batch and this time with ALL the ingredients. Actually I recieved favourable comments for my oatless Anzac biscuits and everone enjoyed them even more than the real thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment