Saturday 2nd September.
Today Renae’s house at Belmont had to have the big Termite (white ant) treatment. It was an all day event. Jimmy came back and forth keeping a check on things. Nathan went along early morning to dismantle the back deck for easy access to dig in a barrier. Jimmy came in handy to help the pest control people as the day was very quickly coming to an end and much had to be done to complete the job. He thought it was over when, Nathan came back to reconstruct the back deck and asked for help. Elise and Troy decided that Jimmy may be in need of a cold beer buy now. He shared one each with the pest men and Nathan. On seeing what Elise and Troy had bought he announced, “thank God, you saved my life”. It was dark when he came home. Back again Sunday morning for Jimmy and Nathan to finish off and clean up.
Sunday 3rd September 2006. Happy Father’s day to Jimmy. Troy and Elise are taking Jimmy to dinner tonight to celebrate.
Here is another tale for Saturday 2/9/06. River Fest was on and I just decided on the spur of the moment that Jimmy and I should go for a drive to Cooparoo before buying our Saturday night takeaway. I knew the street that had the best view and headed there. On the way we managed to see two fireworks in the far distance which tantalized my eagerness.
I was getting very excited drawing nearer to my observation spot. (I am like a child when it comes to fireworks).
We turned into Chatsworth Road and saw many cars; Jimmy stated that other people may have had the same idea, that didn’t faze me. Then it was time to turn right into Henzell Terrace, my observation street. Oh My Goodness!!!! What was this? There were people strewn all over the street, in chairs, and on the ground. They all had cameras, some on tripods. The crowd cheered and clapped and parted so I could drive through. There was no way out. I was slightly perturbed.
Looking for a spot to park, where, “turn left” Jimmy said “you have no choice.” Then I had to wait for some cars coming from the other end. “Hurry up you bugger” I muttered under my breath.
Finally, I found a spot on a corner, too bad if it was illegal. Who was going to book me now, no one could come through anymore. As I was maneuvering my car to come to a standstill, a loud cheer went out in the crowd, cameras flashed. “What was that?” I said to Jimmy. Quick, park, stop, and get out. There were buildings blocking my view at this point. I moved quickly to a vantage point.
TOO LATE. The F111 had dumped their fuel, the flame had gone out and so did the end of the fireworks. I came back to the car, the engine was running, I had not had time to turn it off. Bummer, missed the whole thing. Bugger, Bugger, Bugger. Next year I’ll plane ahead.
2 comments:
That jimmy is a good boy with all the work he does isnt he...he well deserved all four of those cold beers himself.....and being a good samaritan - offered them up to everyone else.
Sorry you didnt get your F111 sky show Luce, maybe i can pretent im a plane and do a show for you?!!
Lucy, How dare they .Who let the secret out? Next year you may have to camp there. Hang in there Elise Teenie will soon ber here and it will all be worth it. Jimmy is very handy isn't he
Post a Comment