Thursday, February 7, 2008

Super Princess Ava

Tuesday the 5th of february was the anniversary of a very tragic day for Sheye. Her beautiful child Ava the SuperPrincess left us and became an angle in heaven. I can’t start to imagine what this beautiful Mum and her family have gone through since that tragic day one year ago. It is truly inspirational to read Sheye’s blog on a daily basis. She pours out her thoughts and emotions in this blog. Her eloquent writing skills and the ability to express her raw feelings are helping to keep Ava’s memory alive throughout the entire world. The comments that are left on her entries come from all corners of the earth. Sheye and Ava have changed the way many thousands of parents approach the every day challenges of being a caring parent. They all say that they hug their children more often and they don’t sweat the small stuff.
I find that the small problems that may arise in our every day life are soon put into perspective as soon as I think of Sheye.
Yesterday, we all experienced the most unusual pink sky. Elise recorded her pictures in her blog and so did Sheye. As soon as I saw those beautiful pictures, Ava immediately sprung to mind. I believe that it was a thank you from God and Ava to the many thousands of people who had released pink balloons, lit candles in her honor and had sent prays for Sheye and her family that God give them the strength to get through this very sad time.
I often think of a part in a superman movie where Lois Lane. had an accident. Superman was so unhappy that he flew out in the outer atmosphere and spun the world backwoods and made today yesterday to prevent the accident.
How I wish that could be so for Sheye and her precious Ava. I suppose that is what movies are about,escapism and the imagination going wild.
Even though I have never met Sheye, my heart goes out to her on a daily basis. I pray for her and her family and of course her precious Super Princess Ava.

No comments: