Saturday, February 7, 2009

Brenda's Photo Challenge - Texture and Patterns

The theme is Texture and Patterns.
These are my pictures which I think represent the theme. I only remembered to do it this evening and therefor did not give myself much time to prepare.
Picture below: Savanna wareing a velvet shawel which is patterned with silver stars. Just the thing for a budding magician.I love the waxy texture of these lillies.
All who know me knows that I adore anything glass so I could not leave some of my favorite glassware which is displayed on my coffe table in the formal lounge. The doily underneath is very special as my Mother made it. She used to work for hours working on these pieces and might I add without a pattern and without glasses well into her eighties. It is one of my finest patterned work from Mum. I also have a few framed and take pride of place in my study. My daughters also have framed doiles made by Mum and they show off their pieces right at the entrance in their foyers. So special.
Below: My pill box. I know it is rather large but it does the job.
Two of my pillows in the family room. I love their patterns and design.
Part of a special picture we bought in Thailand with it's intricate texture and patterns.
One of my oldest and prized family albums.


Well I really enjoyed this, I think I will have another go.

10 comments:

Elise said...

Hi Mum

I loved this entry. You came up with some great examples of different textures and patterns that you love. Mmm, I am thinking that I should have a go at this challenge. Looks like so much fun and a chance to be creative.

Oh, that is the most gorgeous budding magician ever, if I do say so myself and as only a biased mummy can!!

My favourite texture would have to be the silky soft feeling of Savvy and Blakey's skin.

See you tomorrow

Lots of love, big hugs and kisses
Elise xxxxxxxxxxxxx oooooooooooooo

3 Peas in a Pod said...

Hi Lucy!

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I added myself as a follower. I hope you don't mind. Don't worry I'm not a crazy stalker! :-)

So funny when I opened your blog I saw Sav and Blake and I follow The Adventures of E and T plus 2! The kids are so adorable.

Loved this post.

Please stop by again. I don't know how interesting my blog is but I'm working on it. I finally got up the courage to start it in December. It took me months and months to take the plunge. So happy that I did.

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

Janice said...

You took some great texture shots! Glad you joined the challenge and shared your pictures.

Amanda said...

Great choice of pictures ~ you even have a picture of your cute pup in the background with Sav ~ bet he is soft and cuddly. Which fits in well with the photo challenge theme.
much love,
Amanda x

Donna said...

You did a wonderful job on this challenge! I'm so glad that you had such grand fun with the theme. Makes you think, huh? I love the story about the doily. What treasures from your mom!

dani said...

hi, miss lucy:) you chose some really great things for the challenge!!! did your mother teach you the skill of tatting doilies??? i think they are gorgeous!!! i really would love to pick up a hobby to do with my hands besides typing (ha) and just very basic stitching.
by the way, your collection of cut glass is gorgeous, too!!!
love,
dani

antigoni said...

Great photos. All of them. Excellent post.

Donna said...

Oh how Pretty! I love the glassware on the coffee table!! They are All Wonderful!!! Well Done sweetie! And I hope you Do Lots more Challenges with us!!hughugs

Tanya said...

Oh Lucy great photos of textures & patterns you did a great job on this challenge!!! Our weather certainly is extreme at the moment, just hoping & praying that they get those fires under control.. & I hope they catch the idiot (could think of a better name!!!) that started them.. why do they do it.. it is beyond me & it makes me so angry!!!!


Have a great week Miss Lucy :D

love,
t. xxxx

Nita Jo said...

Great Photos! My personal favorite is your glass collection on the doily. Such a special display!

My heart aches after reading the post above about the fires. Praying for some relief for all who are affected!