Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Relaxing Sunday Afternoon

Elise took Savanna and Blake out to play in the front yard for a while. They are both outdoosy children and just love it in the garden.
Below: Blake enjoying being driven around whilst Savanna filled his baskets with lots of flowers.Before retiring indoors Savanna likes to water her flower pot and is doing a great job of keeping this plant alive and flowering. I love the concentration she puts into this task.
And a closer look at Savy at work.
Blakey decides to join in and pick some flowers except that he wanted to eat them. I suppose for a toddler they do look pretty enough to eat.
After the littlies were in bed we played Trivial Persuit. That was very enjoyable. Guess who won? No, I must be modest. I will keep that to myself.I took these pictures last week from our front door.
I especially like this one as I used the door frame and patio cover as a fram to the beautiful sky.


12 comments:

Amanda said...

My children love the outdoors too!
Your pictures are wonderful ~ i really like the colour of the evening Sky, it's stunning.

I'm so glad that you are having a nice weekend.

Love,
Amanda x

3 Peas in a Pod said...

Such beautiful pictures!! Looks like a really great Sunday. Nice way to start the week off.

My son, Kyle, loves your swing music - In the Mood by Glenn Miller. He thought it was cool. I usually have my sound off. I like all of your selections. I love the old ones. They just give me an inner warmth.

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

dani said...

what a perfect afternoon, miss lucy:)
i hope your week will be a wonderful one!!!
love,
dani

Tabitha said...

Gorgeous pictures ~ Sav and Blake are just so cute ~ looks like they had lots of fun.
Love and hugs Tabitha XXXX

Annie said...

Sounds like a great day! Those sunset photos are just marvellous! Are you going to join skywatch on Friday? The link is on the sidebar of my blog, in case you don't know about it!
Thanks for your visit to My Brenda Photo Challenge. I am still in AWE of your EYES!

Donna said...

What a nice day you had!! I love all the flowers!!hughugs

Caroline said...

I love to see young children playing outside. To many kids are wrapped in cottonwool and kept inside these days. Love the sunset photos

Mozi Esme said...

I love those patio/sky shots - so beautiful and relaxing! I am all ready for spring here so we can start watering flowers, too!

Donna said...

Checking on you sweetie!!hughugs

Tanya said...

Hi Miss Lucy! my how your Grandbabies have grown!!! It's so great that they love to be outside! We sure have had beautiful sunset skies & you've captured them beautifully!!! Hope you are well, take care...

love,
t. xxxx

Donna said...

Thinking of you Miz Lucy!! Happy Easter!hughugs

Tabitha said...

Happy Easter dear Lucy ~ hope all is well with you.
Sending much love and a big hug your way XXXXX