Sunday, November 22, 2009

Carly & Mark's Wedding

Carly ans Mark's wedding was great fun. The venue was at Surfer's Paradise. Above: This is the view from our room.
Above: I placed a banner on the building where we used to go to most Chrismas holidays. Actually, we would go down in early February because Elise and Renae were still on holidays when they were at University. This made for a luxurous holiday as it was officially off peak season. We would always stay in the same unit which was on the 17th floor. The beach was very conveniently situated right in front of the buliding. We have so many happy memories of these holidays and the girls would always invite friends to stay for a while.


I could sit on the balcony all day and watch the action as it unfolds.
Our rooms were very neat and spacious.
Just before the wedding we were all invited to the bridal suite which was very spacious for drinks.
Above: Heidi is maid of honour for her younger sister Carley.
The biggest surprise for the guests was that the wedding took place on the huge patio/Balcony which led from the bridal suite.
Carley with Mum and Dad. Dianne (Mother of the bride) is Jimmy's youngerst sister.
The viwes were absolutly spectacular from this level. We were 28 floors up and it was just the perfect backdrop for a beautiful cermony.

Carly just throws her arms around Mark for 'the kiss'.

The bridal party.
Jimmy and I are total oppistes. He loves the bush and I love the city. With this in mind we had different views re this wedding. I just loved the backdrop with all the buildings and the hustel and bustle below topped off with sweeping views of the ocean and beaches.
Jimmy has recently chosen the colours to wear to these sort of outings and I was surprised when he choose purple for his shirts and ties. I have bought him more conservative colours in past years and he was happy to wear them. I suppose with age he is becomming more, dare I say, trendy? Therefore my bag complimented his shirt very well with what he was wearing.

Mwua and Jimmy.
This was the balcony were the bride and groom stood during their cermony.
Dianne and Mark with their children. From left: Tom, Heidi, Carly and Josh in between the two Marks. While the bridal pictures were taken the guests were enjoying drinks and eats on the balcony.
From Left: Dianne, Greg, Cathy, Jimmy and Jacky.
(Jimmy being the eldest and Dianne being the youngest.)
Robby and Kristy: This will be the next familuy wedding we will be attending in March 2010.
Cathy with her clan. From left: Robby with Kristy, Hubby Bob and daughter Wynita and husband Bevan.
Above: The obligatory NERD photo.
Robbie and Wynita are so close that they always have a picture taken together at all family functions.
Bevan and Wynita hamming it up on the love couch.
Looking down from our balcony (16th floor) was the wedding venue for the recption. The whole wedding celebration was contained within the building which we all stayed at.
Sunset at Surfers Paridise.
The cutting of the cake.
Sunrise the following morning.

No comments: