Sunday, July 27, 2008

Zias Cartch Up

A loverly catch up with my sisters Rosina and Sarina and my neice Assunta. They are Elise, Savanna and Balke's Zias. (Aunty in Italian) We were unexpectedly delighted that Savanna was very well behaved. She just sat at the table and kept herself amused with her napkin and cutley. Blake was asleep most of the time and like Savanna, 'oh so cute.'

3 comments:

dani said...

more fun!!! and, i have questions, miss lucy:)

do your sisters get to visit often???
are you originally from italy; if so, is english your second language???
is the word "zias" italian for aunts???

and one last one, off subject...
are elise, troy, sav, and blake feeling better??? i really hope they are!!! they certainly look great:)

love to you my dear friend,
dani

Lucy said...

Hi Dani,
Now that I am back at work I don't get to check my blog very regulary.
Answers to your questions. I was born in Italy and my family reloctaed to Australia when I was Three. I consider myself to be an Australian with an Itilian backgroung. Zia is Itilian for Aunty. Even though my sisters live five minutes away we only catch up on one of my days off. I make sure to see them regulary as my Sister Sarina (in striped top) has advanced cancer and is on her third 6mth period of chemotherapy. She only decided to have this third lot because her hair did not fall out. She had stated that she would never have another lot after completing her second lot. We are so lucky that we have had all these extra years together. My sisters are my best friends and I love both of them dearly.
The little family has finally picked up and are all healthy. I will be totally relieved when our darling Blake has his scan to see exactly what the situation is with his heart. Till then I will continue to worry.
All my love and kisses to you and Katherine. XXXXOOOO

dani said...

miss lucy, you have "aunty in italian" at the top, but when i read it the first time i thought it said aunty from italy.
i thought they were visiting all the way from italy. it is lovely that they in actuality live near to you. and you are right about being lucky to have them. i love that they are your best friends and that you get to spend time together; what a blessing!!! i will keep miss sarina in my prayers. (she looks great; i would have never known;)
i am also relieved that your little family is all well and hope the cardiologists will be able to alleviate your worries. i think blake will be just fine!!!
take care, dear friend.
love,
dani